Saturday, July 05, 2008

I don't want to get into a habit of late-night blogging, but I've ended up awake again at unusual hours.... or usual hours? I'm really tempted to buy a DS so I can load it up with a huge memory card and a copy of colours - http://colors.brombra.net/ - if you haven't seen what this program can do, and you own a DS, you should think about downloading it now.
The problem with portfolio-planning is always what to put in, what ratios of stuff to have in it, what sizes & how much collage pieces you have in it. So on and so forth. Whether to tightly focus it or seem like a Jack-of-all-Trades. Hmmm. Dilemmas. Now lets see... I have explored Michelangelo' s Libyan Sibyl on more than one occasion. ( I consider Master Copies to be vital to a good portfolio). I'm going to revisit it for this portfolio on some grand scale. A big, tightly controlled A0 version, done in graphite. Or red chalk. Here's an old version, pencil on paper... a little bigger than a4.


You can easily google for "libyan sibyl" to see the original. Night night!

donalfall.


No comments: