Thursday, September 11, 2008

I guess I have my "side" picked for the US election now. Til sunday morning I didn't give a crap who won. I have no idea what Barack Obama stands for - who does? - but I like his game, and I have nothing against John McCain and I instinctively lean rightwards. The two Vice Presidentials seemed like smart choices too - recruit in experience or appeal to segments of the population that you traditionally don't cover, try and manipulate the disaffected supporters of the other parties base, whatever.

But reading more in the Sunday commentries here in Ireland, bits of the picture come out that you might miss if you're not paying close attention. And the worst curse word I know of was mentioned in connection with one of the VP nominees. The C word.

Creationist.

Barack Obama, you would get my vote if I had one. It's funny how one thing can swing your mood completely. I hope it swings americans too.

No comments: